Monday, July 25, 2011

Our new ride

Since our family is expanding to three, three and under in a few weeks, we finally had to go out and take another great big step in the adult world. We had to purchase our first car. Yes we have been married almost 10 years but we have been blessed with parents that allowed me to keep my 1996 Honda Civic that I got when I turned 16. (Yes it was new so you can all do the math now!). They also felt sorry for us and gave us their 2000 Accord when my mom purchased her new car. So we have happily driven our cars and packed on the miles (160,000 for the Civic and almost 250,000 for the Accord). We'd happily keep driving them if 3 car seats would fit in the Accord. (Jamie not so happily since the A/C in the Civic quit working this summer.) Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen, so we had to venture into minivan world. We did look at all sorts of cross-overs and SUVs but none of them offer space for kids and anything else. We've spent the past few weeks researching and looking around and finally settled on the Toyota Sienna.
Here's the dealership's photo of our new minivan. (No that's not me driving!)
They told us they used some "advertising" money to bring our price down a few thousand dollars to what we wanted to pay. So here's my advertisement: We felt like we were treated right (so far) and are happy with our buying experience at Gatorland Toyota (so far). I don't think I'll be keeping the blue and orange license plate holder thing on our van. Certainly way to "Gator" looking for our family!
We don't actually have the van in our possession yet. We are waiting on some accessories to be installed. But I'll post some photos we we get it! Mathias and Analy went shopping with us on Saturday. (Just stop and imagine how fun that was!) Mathias' comment was there are too many seats in the minivan. We'll see how he likes it when he's riding around in it. It'll definitely be a change for us all!

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend that just bought a Sienna for her family of (almost) 5 (pregnant with kid #3, not 5 kids!!) She had issues crossing over into minivan world, but now that she has it, she LOVES it!! Hope you're as pleased as she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the mini van world! I also never wanted a mini van, but my Chrysler Town and Country has over 190,000 miles and counting. I would not want to imagine not having all of the space to carry just about anything.

    ReplyDelete