Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Welcome Jude!

On September 22, I had my last scheduled BPP ultrasound and appointment with my doctor. Jude didn’t cooperate very well during the ultrasound and didn’t perform all the tricks he was supposed to be. I think it was because it was lunch time and I was starving. So he just slept the whole time. They sent me to eat lunch and come back for some fetal monitoring. So after a big lunch, a coke, and a chocolate donut, he was still  pretty sleepy. My doctor also took a look at my blood work from earlier in the week. It looked like my cholestasis (pregnancy related liver stuff) that I had with Mathias may be starting up again. So all this was enough for my doctor to send me on down to spend the night at Labor and Delivery and scheduled my c-section for noon on the 23rd. I was 38 weeks and 2 days so there was no need to take any chances and risk stressing the baby. Of course, all the time I spent on the monitors in the hospital that afternoon Jude was wide awake doing flips and cartwheels! We were able to rally all the troops (mine and Jamie’s parents) and everyone made it to Gainesville that night.

Here’s our last photo Friday morning as a family of four!

DSC03476_edited-1

At 12:49pm, Caleb Jude finally made his appearance. He weighed in at 7lbs 6oz (the largest of all our babies).

The first time I got to hold and meet Jude.

Meeting his family on the way to the nursery.

Mathias checking out his new brother in the nursery.

Finally holding Jude back in our room.

Proud big brother.

Proud daddy, brother, and sister.

Getting ready to go home!

Welcoming Committee!

Mathias and Analy have been so happy about their new brother. They love to hold, kiss, and hug him. They also like to help when he is crying and even with diaper changes!

DSC03589_edited-1DSC03592_edited-1

Praise God for blessing our family with a new addition. Now we begin our lives as parents of three 3 and under!

No comments:

Post a Comment