Jamie loves to tell the kids stories about castles. He promised to take them to the nearest “castle” over his Christmas break. On Friday we all made a trip to St. Augustine to check out the fort. After a playground break in Melrose, a lunch stop at McDonalds, and paying $10 to park, we made it to the “castle.”
This guy met us at the entrance. Notice Analy checking out his gun. Mathias didn’t care much about him.
One of our first stops was to take a peak into one of the “dungeons” at least that’s what we told the kids. This is where they kept the dragons!
They thought the cannons were pretty cool.
It was hard to explain to them not to touch and play on everything. There’s also no railing anywhere. It’s definitely not a kid friendly place!
We got to see them shoot a cannon. Here’s Analy holding her ears almost ten minutes before the shot. At least she was ready! This is also about the time I started to die from the flu, (either that or typhoid, the plague, or some other disease from the 1500s). I was slammed with a high fever and didn’t think I was going to make it out of the place alive.
Even though I was dying, we did stop for a photo op at the fountain. Mathias is trying to look like the dudes. Analy just wanted to play in the water.
We spent maybe an hour and a half total actually out of the car in St. Augustine. We did make it to the car, everyone slept the entire ride home, and we had supper at home (I went to bed)! The kids had a great time and are still talking about dungeons and cannons.
(I did survive as well and will continue to publish my blog!)
No comments:
Post a Comment