Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our Garden

I'm sure y'all are tired of seeing garden photos but we are pretty amazed at how things are growing. The square foot gardening method is definitely working for us! We've been worried about the scorching temps and no rain but everything seems to be holding its own. So far, we've gotten some okra, corn, green beans, potatoes, cucumbers, and zucchini. There's lots of cantaloupes and watermelons that we are watching and their vines are taking over our yard. The peas should be ready in a few days and tomatoes should be ready eventually.



I found this monster in the garden this morning. I don't know how I over-looked it!


Please Mama, no zucchini for breakfast! Mathias wasn't so sure of it!












2 comments:

  1. Mathias' face is hilarious...
    I have a friend who has a recipe for zucchini relish. She use it in place of regular pickle relish. If you should need some garden goodness while you wait for yours..let me know dad is always sending plenty my way.

    ReplyDelete